Quartz countertops are a blend of several materials, most of them mineral. They are made with 90 percent or more of stone particles, such as marble, quartz, and other stone types. The minerals are mixed with resin, colorants, and fillers (totaling about 7 percent of the material's content) and heated and compressed into a very hard, durable slab.
The material is the same through the entire thickness of the countertop. its texture does not allow bacteria to grow, and resists against stains, protecting your family and making kitchen clean-up easy. For this reason, quartz countertops never need to be sealed.
- Variety of colour options.
- Less likely to chip or crack.
- Does not require any sealing less expensive than marble.
- More affordable alternative.
- Offers performance.
- Advantages that exceed other traditional materials.
- Can discolor over time when exposed to direct sunlight.
- Regular cleaning should be done with a mild soap or detergent and a soft cloth.
- Although stain resistant, Quartz countertops are not stain proof. Wipe up liquids as soon as possible. Quartz will resist stains for a short period of time, but all colored liquids should be cleaned up promptly.
- Remove ink or permanent markers carefully with an oil-based cleaner, like Goo Gone. Rinse with warm water immediately after the stain is removed.
- Scrape away grease, gum, and paint with a plastic putty knife or razor blade. Use a degreasing cleanser, formulated for Quartz countertops, to clean off grease. Rinse away immediately.
- Heavy, stuck on, hard to remove stains such as nail polish can be removed with a mixture of acetone, Ajax, and water. Dilute the Ajax to the point of minimal abrasiveness. Wipe away immediately.
- Granite is a natural rock that is cut in its natural state and is then polished.
- Very resilient.
- Difficult to scratch.
- More durable than quartz.
- Heat resistant.
- Stain resistant.
- Scratch resistant.
- Each piece is different in color.
- Sealing every 6 month.
- More susceptible to chips and cracks.
- Maintenance after each use is suggested to prevent staining with granite.
- To clean granite, use warm water and soap to help keep its shine.
- A natural metamorphosed limestone or dolomite rock- more porous.
- Relatively durable.
- Variety of colors and styles available.
- Acidic substances will leave a stain if not cleaned up quickly.
- Less durable as quartz.
- Does a moderate job when it comes to resisting heat.
- Requires regular sealing.
- More porous than granite.
- Require re-sealing more often.
- A few times per year.
- Acidic substances and harsh cleaners can cause damage.
- Can be cleaned with warm water and soap and never needs sealing.
- Dekton® by Cosentino is the new ultracompact surface by Cosentino, a technological material composed of a sophisticated mixture of raw materials used to make porcelain, glass and quartz surfaces. High strength and versatility for use in home applications as well as indoor and outdoor use. Dekton®'s ultra-compact surfaces come in a wide range of slabs in large formats with different thicknesses and design possibilities. Its versatility and extensive customization options allow designers and architects to make their ideas a reality. www.dekton.ca.
- Ultra-compact Dekton is an incredibly durable surface available in over 60 beautiful colours and textures, including finishes that look like natural stone, wood, steel and textured concrete.
- Dekton is non-porous, which means it naturally prevents liquids from penetrating the surface, making it a low-maintenance countertop that is extremely easy to clean. Even some of the most potent cleaners can be used to disinfect the surface.
- Dekton is highly scratch-resistant, fade-resistant, and completely stain-proof.
- Dekton has a high resistance to heat, allowing it not to burn, scorch or crack under extreme temperature changes. Hot utensils, electrical appliances, pots and pans can all be placed directly on the surface without causing any damage to it.
- Dekton can be featured in infinite applications throughout the home, including countertops, flooring, and cladding, and is ideal for both interior and exterior projects.
- Dekton offers a 25-year limited transferable warranty.
- Dekton is available across Canada at Cosentino Centres in Stanstead, Ottawa, Winnipeg, Calgary and Vancouver, and Cosentino City showrooms in Montreal and Toronto.
Outdoor applications & properties
- Thanks to its extreme durability, Dekton is an optimum choice for outdoor applications, including patio flooring, fire pits and fireplace cladding, outdoor kitchen countertops, pool surrounds and more.
- Dekton is non-porous, scratch and stain-resistant, and heat and UV-ray-resistant, making it the perfect choice to stand up to the coldest Canadian winters and the warmest Canadian summers.
- Dekton's heat resistance allows it to withstand extremely high temperatures without burning or damage, making it an exceptional choice for fire tables, fireplace cladding and countertops in outdoor kitchen applications.
- For more information on Dekton by Cosentino, visit www.dekton.ca
- For more information about Cosentino, visit www.cosentino.ca
Contact Us and benefit from our matchless savoir-faire in cabinetry,
countertops and woodworking